Friday, March 01, 2019

Apple apps: Engrish

In the Cloud
or
In the Fog?

Here they are, 'English' translations provided in this week's weekly email from Apple Watch, which sounds like an organization formed to keep an eye on Apple, but which actually seems to be an Apple timepiece, so we're not talking here about doing time but about keeping time:
1. All the big vessels, making UND click the "Like" iPhone photo shoot secrets.

2. Well how to edit photos.

3. Reporting also create your own songs on your iPad, Also found the sound of his own doing.

4. To take a fantastic videos on iPhone Kkultip and tricks that allow.

5. A great app idea that only my head The iPad into a reality.
As I've already noted above, I receive such messages once a week. I can't quite consider them spam because I like them for their inadvertent humor and suspect I could benefit through mining them for lines in "Language Poems"!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff; these are good. I view the Apple Watch as evil voodoo, but I'm probably in the minority...at any rate, this reminds me of a letter-to-the-editor I sent in to the estimable Boulder Daily Camera (and to the Denver Post, which passed on printing it; I don't blame them) recently, which I'll paste here,

In the spirit of vying for the title of the ongoing "Don't Know Whether to Laugh or Cry" sweepstakes, not to mention the yearly "So why am I still taking both these papers, again??" competition, I submit not one, but two magnificent specimens from recent editions of the Denver Post and Daily Camera. The Post went with the intriguing but reasonably humorous headline, "GOP considers how to closely run with Trump," while the Camera went with the positively dada, "GOP senators try to figure how out closely to run with Trump." I assume the intention at both papers was to say, perhaps, "GOP considers how closely to run with Trump," or something to that effect. Enormously entertaining at any rate, thanks for the laughs.

Charley Hale

Lafayette

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Not to mention that it's one case where splitting an infinitive actually results in a difference - what we might call a semantic shift!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home