Saturday, December 27, 2014

Student Appreciation . . .

Good Student
Google Images

I received the following "Thanks" from a student:
I'm an Ewha Womans University student . . . who have taken your Advanced English . . . class.

Thanks to your class, my writing and speaking skill highly improved. Now I can say and wright more fluently. Thank you for teaching me during this semester.

Merry christmas and happy new year!
A nice email to receive! You can see, however, that I still have much to do in educating my students! See my corrections to the above here below:
I'm an Ewha Womans University student . . . who has taken your Advanced English . . . class.

Thanks to your class, my writing and speaking skills have highly improved. Now, I can speak and write more fluently. Thank you for teaching me during this semester.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
As you see, there remains much to be accomplished, but receiving thanks is always pleasant.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

I'm very curious as to whether you actually sent the corrected version back to the student.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

No, I didn't. She's better than her email might indicate.

But I do sometimes do that . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Tom Ball said...

I'm mystified as to why you capitalized "happy".

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Good catch, Tom. I think it's on the analogy of a capital "M" as generally used in the "Merry" of "Merry Christmas" - though that itself might be wrong.

Maybe just too many Christmas cards.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home