Friday, December 26, 2014

Korean 'Pood' Humor!


My wife and I went to a nearby Mega Box cinema to see The Theory of Everything, and I thought I'd seen everything till I saw this (and clicking once, even twice, will magnify the images):


The big brown words ddong bbang (똥빵) mean "poop bread," and the character appears to be wearing a poop cap and holding a pile of poop bread! Let's take a clearer look:


Yes, definitely "poop," as one sees confirmed by the four poop patties atop the roof. Here's a different perspective:


The character is squatting and trying to poo, apparently producing in pooed form the very 'pood' (i.e., "pooed food") sold at this concession stand!

My wife and I didn't sample any - we prefer our food in its pre-digestion stage.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

This is taking cross-cultural communications to new levels.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Right, the English expression "Eat sh*t" might very well be taken as a culinary suggestion in Korea!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's called "Activia" in the States.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

America has apparently changed much since I left way back in 1989 . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home