Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Point of You?

"Depends on the point of you."

One of the scholars on the Milton List offered a priceless student malapropism:
I did not get any remarkable bloopers this term, but my favorite student miscue is the mention of a text's "point of you," which I have never realized would be pronounced more or less the same as the actual term.
I'd also never noticed this, but I now wonder how often I've accidentally misled students by referring to a text's "point of view," misheard as "point of you."

I have, however, had students render "I would've" as "I would of" . . .

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Matthew Charles Miller said...

Meryy Christmas from Mom and the Matthew MIller family. We love you all very much!!!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, Matthew, and the same to you and yours!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 3:01 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

Merry Christmas, Jeffery!

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Backatcha!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home