Thursday, October 03, 2013

I Know About the Pure Food and Drug Act, But . . .

Holy Diet Supplement, Batman!
Beta-D-Glucosamine-3D-Balls
Better Than Testosterone?
Wikipedia

A colleague and I were grousing about getting old and stiff, and I complained about writer's cramp, a particular affliction of the composition instructor, so I've had to learn to be very concise in my comments on student papers, and I mentioned this to my colleague.

In response, she advised me to take glucosamine, informing me that it helps keep her writing hand flexible.

I promised to think about her suggestion, but I got busy and forgot . . . till Wednesday, when she sent an email reminder:
Have you started taking glucosamine?!?! This is the holy one I take!
I replied:
I haven't started yet -- I'm not pure enough to imbibe something holy!
One can't be too careful about ingesting holiness. Women are angels, therefore pure and holy enough for glucosamine, but we devilish men . . . well, you see the profane problem.

Meanwhile, the lady doth protest that "holy" was a typo intended as "only," but that's just too much -- too outrageous a typo!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best to check with a doctor before starting any supplements, especially if you have any other medical condition. Lots of these supplements negatively impacted other conditions. I like http://www.drugs.com, because you can check for drug interactions easily on their site.

libertybelle

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks. I am pretty cautious about taking stuff I know little about.

Did you notice that I linked to an image at your site?

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for the glaring verb problem - hit enter by mistake:-(

 
At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just now noticed the link, what can I say, it fits most women. I meant to commend you on your Anne Frank post, which brought back memories of reading her diary as a young girl. In fact, her diary actually inspired me to start my own first diary.
Have you heard of this horrid Hipster Anne Frank Twitter account, where the most insensitive comments get passed off as "jokes"? I read your lovely tribute and then came across a story in PJ Media on this shocking disregard for another person's suffering. Even in death, your dignity isn't safe from assault. Here's the Haaretz account http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/the-jewish-thinker/1.549250

I keep hoping that with practice I might be able to get better at blogging and churn out just a fraction of the wealth of information you have on yours and cover as many miles you do, with the amazing assortment of topics you cover.

libertybelle

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Let me do that link for you: Hipster Anne Frank's tweets - funny or in bad taste?

I've just looked at the article, and I agree with the author and you. The weirdest thing is that to get the 'humor' in the tweets, one has to know the Anne Frank story well, which means the tweeter also knows it well. How, then, can the tweeter tweet such lines?

As for my covering so many topics in my blog, I manage it by being superficial.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Sperwer said...

Forget glucosomine. Get cissus singularis and hyaluaronic acid. Both can be had online , often mixed together, from Swanson's.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, Sperwer.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home