Sunday, October 27, 2013

At last, the bait gets a bite . . .

Reuters - Jacquelyn Martin

R. Elgin, one of the bloggers over at the Marmot's Hole, posted the above photo on October 8, 2013, and I found it cute, so I posted a little news report to go with it and to bait some random reader:
"Little Boy with Stick, Writes in Dirt" (AP)

The photographer has withheld his own name, but he captured the moment that a trapped little boy scratched out a message in the dirt:
"Help! Cannibals have captured us! Please rescue us while their backs are turned!"
Only later -- too late -- did the photographer make out the lines in the sand while studying the photo:
"I returned," he reports, "but the jars were empty. I just hate to think about what must have happened . . ."
The police are investigating.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *
Eighteen days passed, but the bait ultimately got a bite that swallowed "sinker, line, and hook":
Why do you sign your name like a pretentious twat after EVERY comment, even the retarded ones with lame mini-stories that no one finds funny (like this one?)

-J.Kimchi
-Fake photographer; Groove magazine blogger; Wannabe artist (aka Kindergarten teacher)
-Haebangcheon resident

lol
I think Mr. J. Kimchi may have meant the classist "twit" rather than the sexist "twat" (and surely meant no derogation of the mentally underdeveloped). Anyway, I responded to his question:
"Why do you sign your name like a pretentious twat after EVERY comment . . ."

So people won't call me "Horace."

Jeffery Hodges

* * *
I haven't yet told Mr. J. Kimchi that this regular signature of mine is an Irony Trap, but a man of his caliber should be figuring that out any day now . . .

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

It boggles my mind that people can get so annoyed by a mere cyber-signature. If I recall correctly, this isn't the first commenter to rail against the way you sign your comments. At the same time, this sort of reaction is par for the course at the Marmot's Hole, a good blog that, unfortunately, attracts people of varying intellectual candlepower.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Right, it's not the first time, nor will it be the last. I actually rather enjoy reading the smug "vain imaginings" of most such commenters -- they're usually so full of esteem for their own great intellects and fail to realize how small and mean they make themselves look.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Small. Mean. Make Look" Jeffry?

"Twat."

"Marmot's Hole."

Seems obvious to me I'll only be receiving the one reprimand due to my doing the singular thing most corrected unless, it's a male marmot.

JK

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I first assumed the "Hole" referred to a den, but I've come to think of it as a watering hole . . . until now.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually Jeff, I figured your taking me to task over misspelling Jeffery.

(Suppose though had I done the customary "rey" it'd been more obvious than a simple one letter omission.)

JK

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I noticed, but I know you know my name.

Jeffery Hodgws

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home