Friday, October 18, 2013

Baylor Alumni News and Updates

"Baylor Alumni News and Updates"
Baylor Magazine

In Baylor Magazine's "Baylor Alumni News and Updates" (Fall 2013, p. 62) under '79 (i.e., Class of 1979), appears the following note:
Dr. Horace Jeffery Hodges, BA '79, has published his first novella, The Bottomless Bottle of Beer, a postmodern Faustian morality tale of a young naif who trades his soul to the devil for a bottle of endless beer, but has a change of heart. At about 150 pages, the book includes many illustrations by noted artist Terrance Lindall. Hodges holds two graduate degrees in history from UC Berkeley and lives in Seoul, South Korea with his wife, Sun-Ae Hwang, and their two children, Sa-Rah and En-Uk. He is a professor at Ewha Womans University, a Christian school founded by missionaries in the 19th century, where he teaches composition and research.
I wonder how many classmates from that year even remember me, for I wasn't very sociable, being busy either studying or working when I wasn't in class . . .

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Blogger Tom Ball said...

Sooo...you decided to side with the administration, rather than insisting on a review from "The Baylor Line", the organ of the embattled Alumni Association

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

What do you expect from a former naif who traded his soul for a bottomless bottle of beer?

But I'd be happy for a review in The Baylor Line as well. Like those two hapless clowns in The Producers, I'll sell my soul more than once.

Also, I'm still waiting for the Tom Ball Amazon review of The Bottomless Bottle of Beer -- you must owe me at least that for my deciding vote that got you into the NoZe Brotherhood . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Tom Ball said...

Careful. That may be the only time anyone ever admitted
voting for anyone that made it into the NoZe Brotherhood.

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Every vote is a deciding vote, and my vote, cast first, decided everyone else for you, so the question is . . . how did I vote?

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home