Monday, July 29, 2013

Slow Learner with Sudden Insights . . .


I finally figured out how to upload images onto my sidebar. I first tried to find out how by asking around several months back, but I asked the wrong people because none of them knew the procedure. I puzzled over the problem, but knew too little to know even where to begin thinking on it. I therefore gave up.

But the need to have the above image on my sidebar had become pressing since publishing on Kindle a week ago because I noticed my Site Meter was registering searches for "The Bottomless Bottle of Beer" that were landing on earlier posts about the story, many of those posts without a link for purchasing any version of the tale. The folks doing those searches needed an always up-to-date link, I realized.

The thought abruptly occurred to me that I might be able to copy the code of an image already displayed in a blog post and simply paste that into the sequence of codes on my sidebar. I did so, and that worked perfectly! Everyone can now see the above image reproduced at the top right of my sidebar, with a link -- as here -- to the Amazon Kindle edition.

If some satisfied reader would now just post a glowing review at the Amazon site . . .

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

Jeffery:

I've sent you a string of HTML code that you can paste into your sidebar to create a link to Amazon.

Carter

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home