Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Rudolf the Mutant Reindeer, by En-Uk Sequoya Hwang


My son, En-Uk is getting into the holiday spirit on his art blog . . . in his own inimitable way:
This drawing is called "Rudolf the Mutant Reindeer." I made this drawing because I like Rudolf the Mutant Reindeer. His nose glows like something radioactive.
I'd never before heard of Rudolf the Mutant Reindeer, but his being a mutant explains the otherwise inexplicably glowing red nose. This Rudolf even looks suspiciously carnivorous for a mere herbivore. Santa better watch out. I appreciate this perverse spirit of Xmas, like something out of The Nightmare Before Christmas, so I left a comment over at En-Uk's Art Blog:
I like this one. Now, what about the other eight tiny reindeer? You know, Donner and Blitzen and the others? Are they also mutants? Can we see them, too?
Maybe En-Uk will start as series to illustrate a reinterpreted version of "Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and post them all on his blog.

In time for Christmas, if we're only naughty enough . . .

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 3:58 AM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

I've left a comment as well. Asking for more gore, of course.


Kevin

 
At 4:02 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I always figured that gore explained the red nose . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 5:19 AM, Anonymous dhr said...

Good, En-Uk! Colleague O My Colleague!

I was asked to write a crazy Xmas story starring the characters of the Japanese Grendizer saga. The evil King Vega, disguised as a Wise Man, tries to kill the Baby, because...........

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Dario, are you familiar with the series Samurai Jack?

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous dhr said...

Alas, I only viewed it ONE time together with my En-Uk-aged nephew, some months ago.
More times, Ben10.

When I lived in Milan and watched TV every night, my favorite cartoon was Dexter's Laboratory.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

You might find some episodes on You Tube. The series is really well done.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 10:34 PM, Anonymous dhr said...

Meanwhile...

Mazephon

= Mazinger + Zephon

 
At 3:42 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I prefer marzipan . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home