Friday, October 21, 2005

My wife read yesterday's 'words'...

. . . found them puzzling, and asked for an explanation.

I started explaining about "Word Verification" for Blogger comments, but she stopped me with, "Of course. I know that. But what's the point?"

"Uh . . . well, I'm being humorous," I explained.

"Why," she wondered "was it funny?" Meaning that it wasn't.

"Because," I explained, "the words don't come from heaven, and even not from hell, but seemingly from chaos."

"That part," she admitted, "was amusing, but what's the point of all these other words?"

"Well," I explained, "They're not really words because they don't appear anywhere, not even in google searches."

"So," she challenged, skeptical, "why's that funny?"

"Because," I explained, "Word Verification calls them 'words.'"

"So?"

"That," I explained, "is part of the humor."

She gave me a look that said, "Isn't humor supposed to be funny?"

"Never," I explained, "mind."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home