Thursday, November 05, 2015

The Furcula Conundrum

Furcula of a Chicken
aka
Wishbone
Wikipedia

Everyone knows that a wish made by either of two individuals prior to the interaction of these two in pulling on opposite ends of a chicken's wishbone will be fulfilled for the individual with a lucky break, namely, the one who breaks off the longer portion of bone.

This is obviously magical thinking.

Therefore, I always wish to lose.

If the purported magic were real, my wish would surely result in some dire consequence from the magic being set at odds with itself, but since absolutely nothing happens, I conclude that the purported magic is merely purported, not real.

Just stating the obvious, but that's sometimes all I can do . . .

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff,
To us Arkies, the wishbone is called the Pulley Bone (for sure within a mile radius of the Flora Baptist Church).
I cannot use the verbiage "Wishbone" at my advanced age...G'Ma Nora called that particular cut the Pulley Bone, and she knew a bit about chickens.
Cuz Bill

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I defer to your greater knowledge . . . and to my distant memory of the truth.

Jeffery Hodges

@ @ @

 
At 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff,
Thanks...appreciate the compliment, however the man with "knowledge" resides in Seoul!
Cuz Bill

 
At 4:09 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Well, everybody's an expert on something . . . I'm still looking for field of expertise.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

I'm not altogether sure, but maybe chicken bones don't count? You have to use a turkey bone.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Just imagine the disruption of forces that bird would unleash!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home