Thursday, August 29, 2013

Spot the Bigoted, Idiotic Jerkwad!


I noticed a jump in the number of visits to my blog recently, and upon checking my site meter for clarification, I discovered that visitors were being sent from another blog, one that had linked to my recent post on Islamophobia, so I clicked over to the other blog, only to find these words in a blog entry:
A brainless jerkwad who has the gall to call all Muslims stupid is so idiotic that he doesn't even know the difference between ethnicity and religion. This is as blatant a case of projection as I have ever seen. And I'm sorry for linking to yet another idiot but the world has got to know its bigots.
I won't link to the blogger who posted this since I wouldn't want that individual to receive nasty comments. Readers can peruse my blog entry on Islamophobia to arrive at their own conclusions as to whom the insults are directed at, but I think that "brainless jerkwad" refers to Richard Dawkins and "another idiot" means me, which implies that Dawkins is also an idiot, but what does "jerkwad" mean? I had to check slang dictionaries to be certain about the specific meaning of that one -- though I had a general idea from looking at its roots -- and I learned that it means semen caught in tissue paper.

At such a seminal stage of development, one lacks any organs at all, so I'd argue that "brainless" is redundant here and that Richard 'Haploid' Dawkins would anyway be even less than an idiot! But since I'm an unqualified idiot, my IQ may reach as high as 30! Why, that's the mental age of a three-year-old child! I at least have a brain and am therefore brighter than Dawkins! Smart enough to be a bigot!

But why isn't Jeffrey Tayler included among us jerkwads, idiots, or bigots? Or is he implicated by the company he keeps? Birdbrains of a feather flop all together?

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At 4:21 AM, Blogger Able said...

He/she/it seems to have missed the memo that Jewish people are not an ethnicity either, although having attended Oxford I do wonder about Trinity College, Cambridge on that very point (and at times species).

I find it 'interesting' that the adherents of islam claim religious, political, racial and nation status - but only when it suits them.

Wasn't there a quote along the lines of 'a man can be judged by the quality of his enemies'? I think you better try harder!

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Wild(e) Quote!

But I'm too apolemical to make powerful enemies . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure about this Perfesser, might need check with Cran - "jerkwad" I've heard had originally to do with some feller name of Onan.

I DO NOT imply anything with the rhyme.

JK

 
At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something wrong wid yer "verification thingie" Jeff.

Kept tellin me my characters didn't match - 'n I didn't check ter noticed whether it'd posted.

JK

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

JK, I suspect Onan's problem was a lack of tissue.

Sorry about the verification process. I have no control over that.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

"A brainless jerkwad who has the gall to call all Muslims stupid is so idiotic that he doesn't even know the difference between ethnicity and religion."

It's amazing how, in our attempts to insult others, we usually end up holding a mirror to our own faces. This "brainless jerkwad" obviously hasn't read your blog, or Dawkins's comments, very well or thoroughly.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Yes, the reading was careless, and the writing even more so. After several re-readings, I now wonder if the insults were all intended for Jeffrey Tayler!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 1:44 AM, Anonymous TheBigHenry said...

In physics, jerk is the first derivitive of acceleration with respect to time. Hence, a "jerkwad" would mean an unspecified amount of acceleration speed.

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

That must be why the term was used to describe a scientist . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home