Sunday, August 18, 2013

Directangular?

An intellectual dialogue over the concept of "directangular" . . .


Jeanie: "I tell you, it was directangular!"


En-Uk: "Was it truly directangular?"


Mr. Scott: (under his breath) "There is no directangular, not as Jeanie meant it . . ."


Mr. Scott: (thinking) "Maybe if I just ignore this issue of directangular . . ."


Mr. Scott: "Okay, I'll say it plain as day -- there is no directangular in that sense!"


Mr. Scott: "Just ask a creature with horse sense about directangular."


Horse: "Mr. Scott's right -- there is no directangular of that sort!"


En-Uk: "But Jeanie was so sure. Let's put the question of directangular to Nature."


Sa-Rah: "Nature is rendering her decision on directangular."


Sa-Rah: "Well, Nature seems to be telling us that crawdads aren't directangular . . ."

But the search continues . . .

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 5:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Thesaurus insists "directangular" is a synonym for "antigogglin" - but neither I admit, appear in my dictionary.

Which makes I suppose for the best result.

Everybody's correct!

HD

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

This must be heaven!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

Maybe "directangular" is like "diverticular."

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

A ticklish question . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger jeanie oliver said...

"A picture is worth a thousand words!"
The conversation concerned how big my history book was in high school, and my dubious talent of hiding a book between the pages during class!
Oh, Jeff-er-y, we had such a blast with the kids and your lovely wife. I just needed more time to corrupt them!
Jea-n-ie Oliver

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Kevin's "diverticular" seems more appropriate, I guess.

Sorry about the misnaming. I've corrected it.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

I feel pretty directangular after reading that! Whew!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home