Friday, July 05, 2013

A Sight for Sore Eyes . . .

Pirate Girl

One of my colleagues had an eye infection recently and had to see an eye doctor, but within a week was much improved, giving rise to the following exchange of brief emails:
She: My cyclops eye is recovering!

Me: Good to hear that the Cyclops eye is recovering, but what about the infected eye?

She: Ha ha ha!

Me: From the pirate you've become, I expected "Har har har!"

She: Tee hee!

Me: Not piratical at all! Sounds more like Chaucer: "'Tehee!' quod she, and clapte the wyndow to . . ." (Great literature can be a hairy experience.)
Yesterday, I encountered her in the office, and she joked more about her eye, which had completely healed:
She: I wish I still had an eye infection.

Me: Why?

She: My doctor was not only good, he was good-looking!

Me: Go see him anyway.

She: But he'd wonder why I came.

Me: Tell him you have a different problem with your eyes.

She: What problem?

Me: Tell him, "My eyes need to see you!"

She: Ha! Ha! Ha!
And thus is the tedium of life allayed . . .

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

A jewel-eyed Miss July.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

A Miss is as good as her smile . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home