Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Cake Gift from Student

Christmas Cake from a Satisfied Student
Photo by Jae-kyung Woo

On Friday, a former student of mine for whom I had written a letter of recommendation dropped by my office at Ewha Womans University bearing a lovely little cake that sported Christmas decorations, as you see above.

I can also report that this cake tasted even better than it looked, for despite its cute sugary decorations, it wasn't overly sweet (once those decorations were removed), but instead tasted something like a German chocolate cake. I would have brought it home with me, except that I was heading out to do some last-minute Christmas shopping and simply couldn't carry the thing around that easily, not even in its box with a convenient carrying handle (partly visible in the upper left of the photo), so I went around to the English Program Office and shared my cake with the staff there.

They oohed and aahed and took photos. One of the office staff promised to send an image, and did so. That's the "Jae-kyung Woo" noted just under the photo.

So . . . a big thanks and Season's Greetings to my satisfied student and to the ever-helpful Jae-kyung Woo. Also, a Merry Christmas to my readers on the laggard side of the International Dateline, and a Happy Boxing Day to my readers on the British Isles!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of Brian from Jeollanamdo's old blog entries is a collection of photos of Christmas cakes. Glad to hear yours was tasty. Merry Christmas!

Sonagi

 
At 4:01 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Merry Christmas, Sonagi.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home