Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Some Islamists sort of like Gypsy Scholar . . .

Bismillah
(Image from Islamic Awakening)

Some Islamists read Gypsy Scholar and, apparently, like what they read . . . kind of. About three years ago, I posted an entry titled "Saudi Cleric Salman Al-Odeh Slams Osama bin Laden" (September 24, 2007) and cynically wondered why this cleric was coming out against his former 'friend' Osama bin Laden -- possibly to align himself with the Awakening Councils against Al-Qaeda in Iraq? But you can click on the link to find out the details of my post about that.

Somebody else clicked there, and not using a link that I had set up, for my site meter provides the following:
Domain Name (Unknown)
IP Address xxx.xxx.xxx.# (Unknown Organization)
ISP Unknown ISP
Location Continent : Unknown
Country : Unknown
Lat/Long : unknown

Language English (U.S.)
en-us
Operating System Microsoft WinXP
Browser Firefox
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1)
Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5
Javascript version 1.5
Monitor Resolution : 1366 x 768
Color Depth : 32 bits

Time of Visit Dec 20 2010 8:33:14 pm
Last Page View Dec 20 2010 8:41:55 pm
Visit Length 8 minutes 41 seconds
Page Views 3
Referring URL
Visit Entry Page
Visit Exit Page
Out Click
I've deleted the IP Address because I figure that should be kept private, but the Referring URL was to a discussion thread at Islamic Awakening that had a comment by a certain 'Abu Jihad' complaining about 'Awdah (Saudi Cleric Salman Al-Odeh):
Well, seeing as though 'Awdah is a serious sellout . . . (he went from saying things like 'those scholars talk about everything in the heavens and under the earth and they leave off the waaqi'' to giving entire broadcasts about the mubaah types of breast enlargements on satellite tv!!)

I would say that his fataawaa in support of the saudi government, while pretending to support jihad in iraq, and remaining hardcore against al-qa'idah (Saudi Cleric Salman Al-Odeh Slams "Brother" Osama bin Laden, Warns Him He'll Be Responsible for Deaths of Millions, Reminds Him He Must Face Allah. Ironically timed at around 2007) is a winning mix if you plan on starting some awakening councils.

I'm not the only one with that type of understanding. Check out this Kaafir link: Gypsy Scholar: Saudi Cleric Salman Al-Odeh Slams Osama bin Laden.
Well, I'm honored. I must be indeed a rare Kaafir (Infidel) to have even a degree of credibility among Islamists . . . though that comment was posted over a year ago, so perhaps I'm out of favor by now. The recent visitor stayed nearly 10 minutes, however, so maybe my star is ascending . . . though there's no guarantee that the visitor was Muslim. Could just be another Kaafir with time on his hands . . .

But more seriously, this does remind me that a large number of individuals out there come across my blog . . . and that not every one of them will read my posts with friendly eyes.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, a LOT of them took part in your Not-Draw-Muhammad Day.

dhr

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

True. Nearly all of them did. That's also somewhat alarming . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 7:07 AM, Anonymous dhr said...

That's also somewhat alarming

Yep, a religion lacking artists is a dangerous one. Thank God "we" gotta guys like Terrance. As any Milton(L)ist knows...

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Dario, good to see that you're 'onymous' again.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 7:23 AM, Anonymous dhr said...

I was off home, before, with a PC which truly was P(re)C(ambrian). Several buttons did not work, and just a blue and an orange squares appeared bottom page: I had to remember that they meant Preview and Publish.

So, I showed up as Anonymous, BUT then I signed as dhr, where H is for Humei = Anonymous.

That's...
magiptym! Guys, I love those Word Verifications.

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Scientific name for Egyptian magpie . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once called you a deist, and now you've been labeled a kaafir. Did anyone warn you when you started blogging that you'd need a thick skin?

Sonagi

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Good to hear from you again, Sonagi.

No one formally warned me about needing a thick skin, but I'd already learned that lesson on the internet back in the 1990s.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home