Tuesday, February 02, 2021

Duckling: A Momentary Nod of the Head

Duck season is here again (or maybe not), but where are all the ducks?

Ducks, Ducks

Ducks are incredible creatures.
They can fly, they can walk, they can swim!
And not only have they these features,
they swim surface or under at whim!

But they don't walk so well, I must say.
Their butts point first left, and then right.
This bespeaks indecision each way,
and all but unspoken delight.

Not only ducks waddle, but also geese, and even swans  (or maybe not swans).

4 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

if I have a bit of luck,
I'll order me some Peking duck
upon its bones I'll gladly suck
as for the cost, don't give a... cluck

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Bravo!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 3:37 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

Hodges' Bestiary!

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

With a beastly ugly duckling!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home