Monday, January 25, 2021

A Lot of Bull?

I'm running out of pets. Could milk cows serve as pets? There is PET milk . . .

Cows, Cows

Cows are quite cowardly creatures,
and they never feel shame for that.
It's the best of their endearing features,
since they'd otherwise trample us flat!

But a male cow won't cow, might some say,
to which I would loudly cry, "Bull!"
There is no such beast, might I nay
say, though Meinong's odd jungle be full.

I used to call "Hereford" bulls "heifer" bulls. The two words sound similar in Ozark dialect.

4 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

Ah, yes... the way "lawyer" and "liar" sound about the same in an Aussie dialect. How apropos.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I only figured it out when I saw the spelling.

(No interest in my horse poem?)

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

I'm a bit slow on the uptake, and I don't always comment on every post. Mea maxima culpa. For what it's worth, I just left a comment on the horse-poem post.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks. I thought the horse poem was one of my better attempts. But you don't have to comment on every post - our situation is not as if you owe me any comments.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home