Tuesday, June 09, 2020

I Have in My Mind . . .

There's a discussion at Jihad Watch as to what jihadis mean when they cry out "Allahu Akbar!" Here's my explanation:
Everybody relax. This "Allahu Akbar" cry is just St. Anselm's ontological argument expressed in Arabic. What these Muslims are crying out as they perform their religious activities is "I have in my mind the concept of a being greater than which cannot be conceived." Just a little theological chat. That's all. It’s perfectly innocuous.
No need to worry . . .

4 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger theswain said...

Hello. You crossed my mind today and I pondered that I hadn't visited the blog or otherwise have heard from or about you in some time. So I thought I'd stop by, catch up on your posts, and say hello. I hope you and yours are well.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

We are all well so far within this epidemic of a virus gone viral.

My academic life has been strange this semester. I've not been to campus since December. All my teaching has been online. This has been far more stressful and time consuming than I would have guessed.

How about you and yours?

By the way. I need some advice on an odd paper that I worked on a decade ago. Would you mind taking a look at it? You'll probably just need to glance at it and toss it in the circular file, which is even easier done electronically.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger theswain said...

Good to hear you are safe. My academic year likewise was a bit weird...the semester was cut in half--first half "o, no virus here!" But during spring break we went into shut down mode, took two weeks after spring break to migrate all online, then finish the semester through online delivery. Not the greatest thing for faculty or student learning.

As for the paper, sure, send it on! Send it to larsprec@gmail.com. I'm humbled that you should ask.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I sent the document. Thanks for being so agreeable.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home