Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Teacher's Day

Hot Avatar
Student  Name Withheld

A former student of mine sent me an email of praise:
Dear, Prof. Hodegs
Prof. "Hot Eggs"!?
Happy Teacher's Day!!
That came out right, as does what follows
This is one of your English class students, Hye Ji. I asked lots of questions during your English class 2016. Hope you could remember me.

I really loved your English class because I was able to learn "Real English" from you. You are the BEST ENGLISH TEACHER EVER!!!! And let me know if you publish another book. I really like how you write!

Theses days I'm trying to change my department to Korean Medicine to be a doctor. Hope I could meet you next year. Have a great day!
Thanks for the praise, which I clearly DO NOT deserve. There are far better teachers here at Ewha than I am.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

I'm sure Professor Hodegs, wherever he is, is honored to receive such a kind email.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Undoubtedly.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 4:04 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

"Real English"

Is that some new pedagogical trend?

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I believe it's Spanish for "Royal." Thus, the King English.

Jeffery Hodges

@ @ @

 

Post a Comment

<< Home