Sunday, April 22, 2018

The Tree of Life Church

Sun-Ae and I took a short walk today and discovered this interesting doorway:


Sun-Ae tells me that the Korean part says "The Tree of Life Church." As for the Hebrew, I think it says "Blessing of Yahweh." Here's the same message higher up:


But enough on religion for now! Let's eat:


Okay, back to religion. I Googled this church's name later, along with the word "Hebrew," and found this:


The tree images look similar. Must be the same non-denomination. More here.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

Ahem, that "Let's eat" photo....

You look very pleased with yourself. Either you think you're pretty good-looking, or that's one darn tasty ice-cream cone!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

The ice cream was good looking.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Mike Hubbeling said...

Goodness. Who would have thought there''d come a day when my mustache would be able to walk up to yours and relieve you of that partial ice cream cone without a moment's worry? Perhaps it's because mine keeps company with a gloriously snowy beard and yours hangs around without back-up. Work on this, please.

You were discussed, in absentia, and surprisingly fondly, around the time of this photo. A gathering of the Exiles with Destructo, Kimono, Unamo, et al. It emerges that your blog is at least sporadically followed and appreciated by the attendees.

It was a great time, although it'd have been better with you there.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

My wife, despite her many fine qualities, barely tolerates my mustache, so there ain't gonna be no beard!

I'm humbled to learn that I was remembered "fondly" - but I recall that the word used to mean "foolishly."

But if you do think of me with approval, you might consider looking into my poetry and fiction.

Jeffery Hodges

@ @ @

 

Post a Comment

<< Home