Saturday, July 26, 2014

Ewha Womans University


My copy of Emanations arrived yesterday, and the poetry I submitted seems unaltered, but upon checking my bio, I see that some editor 'corrected' what I'd written. In place of "Ewha Womans University" was "Ewha Woman's University"!

That's an understandable 'correction' . . . but it's wrong.

I'll really have to insist that editors check with me before 'correcting' what I've written. This sort of thing happens with various publications, though usually when my name "Jeffery" gets misspelled "Jeffrey."

The Emanations anthology, anyway, is excellent, as you can see for yourself.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

Jeffery:

Sorry!

As I recall, several months ago you sent me a revision of what we had used in the past couple of volumes. I pasted exactly what you sent me into the file. I can't remember changing it at all.

Carter

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Perhaps your software does automatic grammar check?

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

I don't think the software does autocorrect for apostrophes--though I could be wrong. Word is full of surprises. Maybe I changed it--though I don't remember doing so. I do remember pasting what you sent into the file. I even wrote you back to confirm that the bio was correct. After writing you back like that, I think I would have written you back yet again if I was going to make that change.

Again, I am sorry. And a bit clueless.

Hmm. Elkie did not make the suggestion and did not change it. All changes to the ms. were made by me.

I will look into the autocorrect functions now. Hmm? Really odd.

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

As George Carlin used to say, it's a mystery . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home