Sunday, December 01, 2013

Terrance Lindall on Our Work Together . . .

Terrance Lindall
Google Images

You see in the image above a rather dashing Terrance Lindall talking about some topic that interests him both aesthetically and intellectually, probably John Milton's Paradise Lost. As readers surely know by now, Terrance did the illustrations for my novella, The Bottomless Bottle of Beer, though he almost didn't have time to do them because of several abrupt responsibilities at the Williamsburg Art and Historical Center that fell onto his shoulders, but a burst of creative energy enabled him to carry our project through to completion.

After viewing the video of my reading from the novella, a reading accompanied by over twenty of his images, Terrance wrote me the following kind words:
What a great voice, added to all of your other great qualities . . . great writer, great analytic thinker and on and on!

I am very glad to have worked with you on this. I believe that if we keep plugging it we will see it become more and more popular over time and it will end up being required reading in English literature.
I am a lot more critical of my voice than Terrance is, and less than certain of my analytic skills, but I'm nonetheless happy to receive praise, and I of course hope he's correct about my story's eventual popularity.

With Terrance's images -- and with his growing stature as a recognized illustrator of Paradise Lost -- my story just might make it . . .

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home