Friday, November 29, 2013

You Tube: Bottomless Bottle of Beer Video Online


Thanks to Ji Kyunghee, computer expert on the EPO staff, my Tuesday evening BBB reading is now online on You Tube!

The first video starts with Lee Soo Kyung -- doctoral candidate in English Literature -- introducing me and allowing me to begin the evening by explaining who Terrance Lindall is and why he's important not only as illustrator but also as artist and why he illustrated my story in a free style, after which I open my story (at about 7 minutes, 15 seconds into the video).

As the recording shifts to the second video, I'm describing the descent into . . . the beer cellar!

Thereafter (which somehow calls up the hereafter) comes the third video, with me describing a Faustian contract signed in blood!

Finally arrives the fourth video, which shows me answering questions, specifically as to how different people interpret the story differently.

For convenience, here are all four videos listed together:
BBB Video 1

BBB Video 2

BBB Video 3

BBB Video 4
All together, the four videos stretch to about an hour, which I hope proves worth the viewing time despite my stiff presentation, awkward gestures, inexpressive voice, and impassive, Neanderthal face . . .

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 1:03 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

Jeffery, I think your performance is brilliant. I viewed it yesterday while I was waiting for the turkey to come out of the oven. There is about the story an air of "something to do while relaxing during the holidays." I don't know if the story might become an annual tradition, but you never know.

I blogged about your reading here:

The Bottomless Bottle of Beer



 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

Also, lest I forget, Soo Kyung Lee does a great job as well.

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, Carter, for the kind words!

But the story seems more appropriate to Halloween than Thanksgiving . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Bienvenido Bones Banez said...

Sir Jeffery, I will praise you indeed! my great inspiration into 666 art world prophecy! but for me this is a reality and I am sorry to say I believed this! and its my faith this kind of words from God prophecy. . .

Your Humble Friend: Bienvenido Bones Banez, Jr.

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Bien, whatever the source of your inspiration might be, your art is great!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Bienvenido Bones Banez said...

Thank you very much! Sir Jeffery, for the encouraging words!

Sincerely yours: Bones

 

Post a Comment

<< Home