Friday, May 03, 2013

Bosch Fawstin: Table for One


The man whom Bill Vallicella summarized on Islam turns out to be a man of many sides, one of these being a graphic novelist who apparently has at least one novel published, Table for One, and another in the works. The one published is advertised above. Fawstin offers a synopsis here:
It's one hell of a night in an underground restaurant in Manhattan. William Howland's boss bet against him lasting a year as a waiter under him. It's pay-up time. But on this night, Will's code to treat all as they deserve doesn't serve anyone well, and he might not even last the night. And then she walks in . . .
Intriguing. And it seems to have been taken seriously:
Table for One was my first graphic novel, which led to my being nominated for a Russ Manning Most Promising Newcomer Award and an Eisner Award for Talent Deserving of Wider Recognition. Here's what others had to say about it, most notably for me personally, Alex Toth, who I hold to be the single greatest illustrator to ever draw comic books.
Interested readers can visit Fawstin's website for the specific praise by his peers, or also visit Amazon to look at the first few pages. Speaking of graphic novels, I've been so busy that I've not checked lately to see how my own novella, The Bottomless Bottle of Beer (illustrated by Terrance Lindall), is doing these days, so let's take a look. Hmmm . . . closing in on 3000 visitors since January. Is that a lot or a few? Anyway, my story can be ordered here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home