Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Courtroom Scene: Bottomless Bottle of Beer

Courtroom Scene
The Bottomless Bottle of Beer
Terrance Lindall

Terrance sent me another colored sketch for the story that we're working on, and I had to smile -- though with a bit of chagrin, and even trepidation -- for a perspicacious Korean friend had recently read the story and written:
I think it's a cool story and I really wish this story is not about you because that would have been a very scary experience to have in your life.
I assume she means that she holds fast to a "hope" that the story's not about me, but if you look closely, you'll see that it IS about me -- or so Terrance implies -- for look at the signatories to that contract!
Horace J. Hodges
Twice! I must have been signing away both venous and arterial blood! As I told Terrance:
Uh-oh . . . I seem to have been a signatory to that contract. I'm glad I have Dan Webster on my side . . .
Webster's standing in the lower right-hand corner of the courtroom scene. In fact, if you'll look carefully at Terrance's illustration, you'll see more and more details, many of them humorous. Terrance is an intellectual artist with a pictorial sense of humor, so the attentive viewer will find more and more literary and aesthetic allusions.

For those interested, the judge is Belial, the other devil is Beelzebub, and the large cat is Behemoth, a demon in disguise . . .

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well... at least Mr. Lindall took care not to chance misspelling Jeffry.

JK

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Yeah, that always gets me called "Horace" . . . or sometimes "H.J."

When I was a kid, I was occasionally called "Jeffy," leaving me to wonder if I were in some way named after "Jiffy" peanut butter.

I was foolish. I was young.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home