Saturday, December 15, 2012

Claudia Mamet's Dog "Boots" Has Been Found!

Claudia with Boots
Photo from William Cho
Facebook

I posted this news on an update last night before going to bed, but I want to post it again so that friends will see the good news. An anonymous comment from South Africa (according to Site Meter) first alerted me at 8:02 p.m.:
Received the great news this morning that Boots has been found!!
At first, I couldn't quite believe the news because I'd seen Claudia earlier at work, during the morning, and she told me that she'd heard nothing. I tried to confirm the news by searching the internet, but had no luck initially, and since I assumed that only Claudia herself would be contacting me if Boots were found (but puzzled that the comment would have been routed through her South African home), I asked at 8:43 p.m.:
Claudia, is that your comment? I ask because this morning when we spoke, you'd heard nothing yet.

Can you confirm this?
Thirteen minutes later, at 8:56 p.m., I confirmed it myself:
It's confirmed! See the update.
Claudia somehow managed to get thousands of individuals -- both Koreans and expats -- involved in the search for Boots, and she found him!

An amazing woman.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

Great news! Crowdsourcing is a powerful tool, indeed!

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Astonishingly effective!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Ted Davilla said...

Great news that Boots has been found!!

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Ambulance chasing, Mr. Davilla?

Only a couple of weeks behind the event . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home