Saturday, March 31, 2012

Paradise Regained . . . in Nicaragua?

Shoshannah and Shannon
Two Happy People

I received the above photo yesterday morning from my sister-in-law Shoshannah, with the following, appended note:
I've attached one [photo] from our Nicaragua vacation . . . . [W]e don't have palm trees in NY [State] . . . . 
Good to know that despite global warming, New York State hasn't heated up that much! Seeing Shan's photo reminds me of how much better he's aging than I am. Well, he may still be handsome, but I'm still ugly -- and will be till the day I die! Whereas, Shan won't always be handsome . . .

I'm also reminded that I never mentioned Shan's novel, City of Shadows (London: Athena Press, 2010). I read it about one year ago and enjoyed it. The characters were well-drawn and memorable. Dialogue was generally excellent. The plot was a bit complex -- though interesting -- so I need to re-read the book. I did notice some typos, which I called attention to. Shan intends to correct those in the second edition, and I had been waiting on that before writing about his novel, which is an academic mystery story involving a couple of nefarious organizations -- or three, actually, if one includes academia itself. I won't post any plot-spoilers, so I'll stop now about the novel.

Speaking (or writing) of writing, I need to get back to some editing work, rather a lot of it . . .

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Blogger ilTassista Marino said...

Well, he may still be handsome, but I'm still ugly -- and will be till the day I die! Whereas, Shan won't always be handsome

this will receive the Best Ever Mass Psychological Comfort Award
:-D

P.S. one of the words to te typed in order to "prove you're not a robot" sounds like Ner[d]s' Day
:-D

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thank you for both bits of cold comfort.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home