Thursday, April 29, 2010

'Spirit' of En-Uk's Art . . .

(En-Uk Sequoya Hwang)

Although this isn't one of En-Uk's more colorful images, it is one that a visitor to his blog asked permission to copy onto a tee-shirt:
Hi, my name is Easy.

I am now one of your fans. :)

I saw all your drawings and thought they were nice. I am gonna be following this blog.

Also, i wanted to use your Ghost drawing as a design on my tshirt before, but i thought i have to ask your permission.

(I saw the Ghost on your father's blog. :))

Thanks . . .
En-Uk readily gave permission:
Hi! Thank you for commenting! You can put it on your t-shirt. Bye.
Recent readers will recall that Hoju-Saram expressed interest in a couple of images:
Your son should open up a gallery. I'd pay good money for "Kim Jong-il Smell," and "Wow."
Maybe a showing would be worthwhile some day. En-Uk's colorful drawings seem well-liked, and Lollabrats even took them seriously, as readers will recall:
[T]he crazy outlines, spare details, interesting "framing," and the use of the fill-in color function with colors from the default pallete make these images unexpectedly compelling to me.
From his longer remarks and aesthetic analysis, I surmise that Lollabrats knows what he's talking about in his words of praise for the collection of works in En-Uk's 'gallery'.

I suppose that I should wait, however, and see how En-Uk's style develops. He does like art, but he's only been working on this art blog for a few months now, so I don't yet know if his daily output will be sustainable.

But he's not yet flagging . . .

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Charles Montgomery said...

He's got talent... I could easily see many of his designs on the t-shirts of uber-hipsters in Seoul and beyond.

LOL.. I also mistakenly posted this below..

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

If I could only find some way to capitalize on his talent . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 4:06 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

I enjoy en-Uk's art also.

Perhaps you could go to cafe press and make En-Uk's art available there: posters, mugs, t-shirts, bibs, panties (ahem), mouse pads....

I pledge to purchase an En-Uk Hodges art mug should they become available!

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I'm not much of a businessman. I'm not even much of an academic! But I'll give this some thought . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home