Friday, November 06, 2009

Feisty Feist

Leslie Feist
(Image from last.fm)

Employment in Ewha's EPO has its perks . . . such as leisurely working the English Lounge, a required two hours of tutoring that includes elongated stretches of time with little to do other than listen to the music playing in English for all the lounge to hear.

One voice struck my fancy, so I asked who the femme fatale might be and was told . . . "Feist."
"Feist?" I echoed, puzzled. "As in 'feisty'?"

"No," the lounge assistant replied, "Just 'Feist'."
But not just "Feist." Rather, "Leslie Feist" . . . as the two of us discovered.
"Where's Feist from?" I wondered.

The assistant Googled . . . waited . . . "Canada," she finally informed me.
I'd only heard the voice and never seen the lady perform, so I was curious. As you see from the image above, she's stunning. But can she perform?

Yes. She. Can.

Here she is in video dancing in mesmerizing manner to "One Evening."

And also moving herself around in "1234" . . . though the video's quality is lacking. But great fun, especially the Sesame Street version.

Or if you're feeling down but not out and want some 80s-style California pop blues, check out the retro "Inside and Out."

But if you're feeling snazzy, here's a number jazzy, "When I Was A Young Girl," performed live in Paris.

Or the oddly named "Mushaboom"?

I reckon I'm just in a feisty mood, and if you are, too, You Tube has more, even one of her screwing up "One Evening" in live concert, but doing so with charm.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 4:42 AM, Blogger L.D. Durbin said...

Feist is great - she's also a (sometimes) member of the Canadian supergroup Broken Social Scene.

For female artists doing similar things, check out St Vincent, My Brightest Diamond and (possibly) Bat for Lashes. Enjoy :-)

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, Mr. Durbin. I'll check St. Vincent on your recommendation.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home