Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"The It Girl"

The It Girl
"attracting oculophiliacs since 1977"
(Image from Lexiphanic)

Well, "The It Girl" has tagged me and set forth the following rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of the post, and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know they've been tagged by commenting on their blog.
5. Please "feel free to ignore the lame chain game."
Actually, I added rule number five, but the words fell from the lips of the "The It Girl" herself.

Okay, here goes:
1. I never participate in these lame chain games.
2. I'm not entirely consistent.
3. I really hate the overuse of italics.
4. Why can't an adverb simply express emphasis without italics?
5. Does it strike anyone else as slightly odd that "adverb" is a noun?
6. Numbers 4 and 5 are not directly facts about me.
7. Number 6 also lacks factitude -- but factually expresses nonfactitude -- about me.
Okay, I tag the following seven bludgers:
Clara Gordon Bow
Richard Harris
Douglas Noël Adams
Hans Blumenberg
Hans Jonas
Фёдор Михайлович Достоевский
Лев Николаевич Толстой
These seven unfortunates should feel free to ignore me. Indeed, I would be a bit disconcerted if any of them were somehow to respond to my tag...

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*clap* *clap* *clap*

Well Done, Sir.

*curtsy*

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

You're welcome "Curtsy" -- which, I take it, is 'curt' for "Courtesy"...

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got tagged with this one a few months ago, but it reqired 8 facts. I guess the meme is slowly evaporating (or eroding, maybe? disintegrating?) with use.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Even seven is more than I was previously asked . . . but I always subvert the meme in one way or another.

There must be many of these memes floating around in the ether...

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home