Thursday, March 01, 2007

Lazy morning...

The Beauty of Vogon Poetry:
"O Beauty, who dost betwixt
thy fever'd buttocks
my beleaguer'd skull embrace."
-Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz, poet and bureaucrat
(Image from Wikipedia)

. . . for me to post a paste job.

Sometime during Seoul-Town's night, J. J. Mollo left a new comment on my post "Gypsy Scholar Receives a Threat...":
Why do you have to be so rational? What's wrong with you? You have an unnatural preference for Truth and Beauty. That could hurt your career. Get over it! Open yourself up to the hate!
I responded, uncharacteristically, with a bit of honest reflection:
JJ, maybe you're right. Perhaps I should be more open. Possibly, I've been too close-minded.

Okay, I'll confess to a prejudice. I've never really liked Vogon poetry, and ... well, I hate to admit this, but I think that Vogon poetry reveals the Vogon's inner nature, which seems to me to exemplify soulless bureaucracy.

Besides, Vogons are ugly. Their best features are their atrociously ugly eyebrows, which if drawn upward in surprise happen to hide their disgustingly ugly noses. Unfortunately, Vogons are rarely surprised.

I much prefer Dolphins ... even though they, too, have noses on top of their heads...
Okay, I've 'fessed up to my prejudice against Vogons and for Dolphins. Anybody else willing to reveal their dark hates or moist loves?

Or will I be abandoned, left hanging, just twisting in the dusty winds...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger jj mollo said...

LOL

Aren't those the nice people that build highways? There could be one coming through your neighborhood sometime soon.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Well, as the French might put, Vogons are the creatures that build hyperhighways.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home