Wednesday, March 06, 2019

My Father's Headstone

My Father's Grave

He died nearly 20 years ago, but I guess we're supposed to speak well of the dead anyway - no statute of limitations applies to them - so allow me to say a few good things about Bradley:
1. He was a hard worker, the sort who could work long hours of physical labor and never get tired.

2. He taught himself to swim well, and he once or twice rescued some drowning individuals.

3. He saw I was starving because I couldn't digest baby formula, so he switched me to scrambled eggs.

4. His wife Dorothy once told me that he had taught her what love meant, and that means something.
If I thought long enough, I'd be able to come up with a few more, probably, and other people may want to chime in on this post, but be nice, okay?

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 2:37 AM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

With that bottom inscription obscured by the recumbent angel(?), I'm going to guess that the text reads, "LOVE WAS ON." Appropriately cryptic.

I have to be correct in my guess, seeing as your parents appear to have been wed on Valentine's Day—surely a day in which love is on.

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I probably should have made clear that Dorothy isn't my mother.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

Whoop—my bad.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

No problem.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Anonymous said...

I read in the Bible, ..."Judge nothing before the time until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts, and then shall every man have praise of God." (1 Corinthians 4:5). There are a lot of misconceptions regarding Bradley, that will be cleared up when we all stand before God. Lots of mistakes on both sides of the situation.

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

There are actually several sides. Here's something from my side. I've linked to it rather than post it here because I want to keep this blog post positive.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home