Saturday, November 10, 2018

There were echoes in there . . .

Carter's Invisible Tower
Volume 1

Carter Kaplan's Echoes has arrived, and its plural title "Echoes" makes me want to say "have" arrived, but I bend my will to the correct grammar and write "has."

It actually arrived some weeks ago, and I've been in a quandary about what to do with it, but don't say "read it" because I have -- in glorious bits and pieces over the past several years, as well as again, in part, since it arrived.

But what to do with it beyond reading is more the question, like, say, where to place it. It can't forever stand there like a tourist in the upcast shadow of Haruki Murakami's IQ84, hoping for that Japanese masterpiece -- situated just out of sight left of the lower-left corner -- to cast some good fortune over its way . . .

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 5:19 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

It sounds like the question of where on the bookshelf to place your copy of Echoes is as fully challenging as the question of where to place the novel in the cannon of world literature?

Or so I am telling the world.

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

My first line of offense is my first line of defense, and vice-versa, so I just need acquire that cannon of literature you mentioned.

Jeffery Hodges

@ @ @

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

I am on the edge of my seat anticipating your insights on Echoes and Emanations 7.

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

When I get a round tuit . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

I wonder, could I possibly persuade/cajole/grovel/beg you to write about Emanations: Chorus Pleiades?

You are denying the world your insights!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home