Saturday, November 03, 2018

Bohemian Rhapsody


My wife and I have just returned with our younger kid En-Uk from the film Bohemian Rhapsody, and I found it better than I had expected after reading a somewhat critical review that said the film merely played out on the surface of Mercury's flamboyance.

I don't agree with that critic, though the film didn't go to great depths in any attempt to explain Mercury . . .

Anyhow, the hour has grown late, so I will head for slumberland and leave you with encouragement to go see the film!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff!
I haven't seen it yet (though plan to here sometime soon hopefully--Leigh really wants to see "Boy Erased" next) but I got the impression from a number of reviews that many reviewers were rather hell-bent on insisting they were reviewing a Freddie Mercury biopic, when in fact they were accidentally reviewing a movie about Queen! Doh! -Pete

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Or perhaps the film was really about the music and how it was made, and Freddie and Queen were just incidental. (Or was it about Mercury's overbite . . .)

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home