Sunday, April 27, 2014

Eden's Cinnful Apple!

Cinnful Apple
Angry Orchard

I'd been putting together a test all day yesterday, so I had no time for thinking about blogging, but my regular RateBeer Weekly email came to my rescue with an introduction to a hard cider site called "Angry Orchard" with an intriguing drink on offer, an offering I passed along to the Milton List:
This is a fun website to investigate for Edenic allusions.

Angry Orchard seems to specialize in hard ciders, like this one:
"Our Cinnful Apple cider is crisp and refreshing with a spicy twist. The sweet, slightly tart apple flavor is balanced with cinnamon spice, adding hints of cocoa and a slight heat."
Turns out, "sin" has the flavor of "cinnamon"!
This ties in with a Milton List discussion over the type of fruit Milton imagined dangling from the branches of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, and I thought that the expression on the 'face' on that tree above appears rather knowing -- even knowing enough to alarm an animated Pocahontas -- so I posted the info and link at the risk of being thought unserious.

Which I am . . .

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 12:12 AM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

No hint of goat in the cider, I gather.

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Well, maybe a scapegoat, but I've not tasted a bottle, neither have I touched one . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home