Friday, October 14, 2011

Noam Chomsky was right about Bruno's discoursability!

Noam Chomsky

I have to eat my words. That fabulous ape Bruno Littlemore is utterly -- or should I say unutterably -- incapable of language! Just look at Bruno's description of the interest that students on the University of Chicago campus showed in him:
When they saw Lydia and I strolling hand in hand across the campus, they would approach us and try to speak to me, and want to touch me. (Ben Hale, The Evolution of Bruno Littlemore, page 79)
Gnome Chompy can have Bruno now, for all I care! In fact, Chompy can eat my words for me -- and Bruno's failed words, too! J'accuse -- that chimp doesn't know the difference between accusative and nominative!

Some impeccable linguist Bruno be!

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 4:11 AM, Blogger ilTassista Marino said...

doesn't know the difference between accusative and nominative!

Welcome to the Planet of the Apes. Some Italian teachers of Latin currently maintain that translations from Latin are useless...

 
At 4:16 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

That's because everybody can already read Latin since those teachers have done such a wonderful job . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger ilTassista Marino said...

hey you're right, it's full of Latin-lovers here

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

As Johnny von Neumann told Jacob Bronowski, don't wake me up to tell me I'm right!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home