Thursday, November 05, 2020

Election Nerves . . .

I'm on tenterhooks - yes, I'm stretched out on a tenter to dry - while the votes cast like bread upon the waters return to us.

The election is very close right now, about 10:45 Korea time. Pennsylvania must not be very organized in its counting process. The percentage of votes counted there has been stuck on 64 for several hours.

When I get up tomorrow - about six in the morning, Korea time - the votes will surely have been counted.

I'll post an update then.

Update:

The clock says about six-thirty in the morning, Korea time, and no one's yet declared winner, but Biden is leading, and if he takes Michigan and Nevada, where he is currently ahead, he wins.

Update Two:

The clock now says about five forty-five in the evening, and Biden needs only Nevada to win.

4 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

Just as long as the election nerves don't become a full-blown crise de nerfs (not that I can imagine someone with your level of equanimity ever freaking out about something)...

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I'm resigned to whatever happens, but I can be because I don't think we're heading toward another civil war. I'm more concerned about the wave of terrorist attacks in Europe and the coming religious wars. That future could get bad.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

Those wars might very well mitigate the present troubles over this election; and I wonder indeed if the troubles themselves are in fact a preliminary squall in that coming storm? But as for that matter, that storm itself will likely be deflected through wise statesmanship, and the fact that the interests supporting such a conflict are running out of steam, running out of youth, and running out of money.

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Let's hope so.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home