Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Junichi Nakashima: Poet, writer, actor and artist

I knew this man at Baylor, way back in 1975/76. I've occasionally tried to locate him, and I recently came across an announcement of an imminent performance of his that seems to be only of a few years ago, and it provided this bio:

Junichi Nakashima: Poet, writer, actor and artist. Born in Japan. Began to write poems early in his teens. Studied painting and printmaking at Baylor University in Waco, Texas as an exchange student. Back in Japan, he exhibited his drawings and paintings in several galleries in Tokyo. Awarded in several international art exhibitions, such as The Critic Prize in France-Japan Modern Art Exhibition Paris, The Excellence Prize in The Contemporary Japanese Art Exhibition Barcelona, Prize of Art and culture of Marais Paris, the silver medal in Cannes International Grand Prix, the gold medal in Salon de Invierno Barcelona, the gold medal in Wine Label Festival Les Pervillon de Bercy Paris, Prize of Premium of Artistic Innovation of Italian Wine in Wine Label Festival Rome, Prize of Association des Amis Musee Picasso in International Art Exchange Exhibition Kobe. Published poems "The sea of glass", "Dreams of melancholy" and English poems "Alpha and Omega" and also collected essays "Dreams are your future memories", fiction "A calm kiss on Thursday", as an actor, starred in the independent film "Confined Room" in Japan. In addition, wrote 45 scripts for solo-performances and performed more than a thousand times throughout Japan.

He gave me his address in Japan, and I wrote him a letter, but it must not have reached him because I never received a reply. The cynical among my readers will say that he probably received my letter, but simply didn't reply. Possibly. But why then had he given me his address and urged me to write?

I don't suppose anyone here would know how to contact him.

2 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

This might be the same gentleman on Facebook.

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Looks like it. Thanks.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home