Friday, January 10, 2020

Ever Since August . . .

If you've been faithfully following my blog, you probably will have noticed that I've been writing a few poems known as limericks and posting them as blog entries these past several months. I have worried a bit that these poems might not stand up to scrutiny as good poetry, partly because limericks aren't generally recognized as high poetic art and partly because I don't even know if my limericks are any good.

My hesitation about sending any of them to the Emanations anthology number eight must have been discernable, for Carter reassured me:
They really are very very good; some I insist are brilliant!
He even showed the limericks to Michael Butterworth, who remarked:
Nice and strange GS limericks, and I like the idea of the Extra Pound character.
Well, if Carter and Butterworth both consider the limericks I've written to be good poems, then I should also believe them to be good.

But what are "GS" limericks? Maybe "Gypsy Scholar" limericks?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

Follow your bliss, write your heart out, and all will be well.

Planning on making another collection?

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Let's see, in modern English, that's follow your blisters, tear your writhing heart out, and, well, that'll be about all of it.

Another collection? Only if the process doesn't kill me . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 4:11 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

'But what are "GS" limericks? Maybe "Gypsy Scholar" limericks?'

Yes, I think so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home