Tuesday, December 03, 2019

The Academic Concept Termed "Hodges"

This morning, I received an email from some fly-by-night online search engine that calls itself "Academia.edu" and purports to find one's publications and set them in order:
Dear Horace Jeffery,

2,411 new papers that discuss "hodges" have been added to Academia since you last searched for it.
Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? They treat the name "Hodges" as some sort of academic concept to be discussed, not noticing that my own search was for articles I had written.

They also don't realize that most of what they find is just intellectual 'dreck,' often from my blog.

And they offer their services, whose results are usually something I've already seen. They offer (intending that I click it) the message below:
See Papers ▸
They then try to get me to pay if I want to see what they've collected.

So transparent . . .

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home