Monday, April 15, 2019

Pollack's Problems


Malcolm Pollack has lately been asking some hard questions for philosophical naturalists, and my favorite is this one, number 3:
3) Why is there something rather than nothing? . . . Mightn't nothing, not even the laws of physics, ever have come into being at all?
This is - as noted - my favorite question. But I didn't tell you why. Here's why. The question boggles my mind. I can find no proper way to ask the question. Why not? Because no matter how hard I try to think of pure nothingness, I always find a residue of 'somethingness' in it. Doesn't this boggle your mind, too?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the book of Genesis chapters 1 & 2 and Hebrews 11:3 could shed some light on the subject

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I don't see how my mind would be unboggled.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home