Friday, November 30, 2018

Speaking of the Arts: Ballet


Making that high leap in the photo above is my student Shin Yelin (신예린), who gave me this image that I might post it on my blog. She tells me that she began ballet lessons when she was eight, inspired by a performance of Giselle. Her parents didn't push her; she made the decision on her own, and continues to hold to it in her love for this style of dance despite the pain to her feet. She was photographed in this leap a year ago last July and gave me the right to post this picture here on my blog.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

Jeffery, can you recommend some good refereed journals devoted to the subject of ballet?

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I'll have to ask someone about this.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home