Sunday, August 05, 2018

Poetry Break: Writer's Block 3


I'm still encountering Writer's Block, so I composed the 'poem' below to record it:
Writer's Block 3
I cannot call this poetry,
for writer's block has hold on me.
I scribble-scrabble nonsense verse,
but that just makes the problem worse.

Perhaps I ought to go to bed
and lay to rest my weary head.
Oh, I don't mean eternally;
I still have things I'd like to see.

Call this a poem if you dare,
but that won't get you anywhere.
The critics know it's doggerel,
and they will say: "Go straight to Hell."
If this case of Writer's Block goes on, I'll have a goodly number of poems to blame it for.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

The whole world knows now.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Great! Now that we have their attention, send them to Amazon to buy my books!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home