Saturday, February 03, 2018

Spanish passage on my blog . . .

La botella sin fondo de la cerveza
Simple Spanish Spiel

I found this Internet scrap of information in Spanish about me and my work on Thursday:
El Dr. Jeffery Horace Hodges. BA 79, ha publicado su primera novela, La botella sin fondo de la cerveza. un cuento moral postmoderno fáustico naif de un joven que cambia su alma al diablo por una botella de cerveza sin fin, pero tiene un cambio de corazón. En alrededor de 150 páginas, el libro incluye muchas ilustraciones del artista conocido Terrance Lindall. Hodges tiene dos títulos de posgrado en Historia por la Universidad de Berkeley y vive en Seúl, Corea del Sur con su esposa, Hwang Sun-ae, y sus dos hijos . . . . Él es un profesor de la Universidad Femenina Ewha, una escuela cristiana fundada por misioneros en el siglo 19, donde enseña composición y la . . .
The passage just breaks off like that. I also see that my first and middle names got reversed. This sort of thing happens all the time with my especially difficult name, but I don't want to start whinging about that. I did wonder how this bit of information got onto the Internet, and I think I've figured that out. It probably comes from Baylor Magazine in the Spanish edition. It thus originates in the English version that I myself penned.

But I'm pretty sure I got my own name right.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:15 AM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

I'm wondering whether the next word is "literatura."

 
At 4:31 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

I like "El Dr."

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Kevin, it's more likely "research writing."

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Me, too, Carter.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home