Friday, October 13, 2017

Gone, and Fast Forgotten

I left my throne totally unoccupied these past four days and . . . nobody noticed:



Oh, wrong throne. That's the throne of the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople. I must have mislaid my own.

I left under duress. I was suddenly stricken by a flu virus that hit me with the force of something like the walking pneumonia, boogie-woogie flu. The doctor immediately (Tuesday) put me in the hospital, where I stayed until today (Friday).

This pneumonia could flare up again if I don't get more sleep, so I'll to bed, to bed . . .

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

Sympathies. My boss had much the same thing, and it laid him out. I had a deep, mucus-y cough for a week or so, but I don't think it was pneumonia. Happy convalescing!

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, Kevin. Next time we have a coffee-klatch, I'll tell you the whole weird story.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home