Friday, July 21, 2017

Joyful Treat

For all the help I'd received this past semester, I treated the office staff to something special yesterday:


The box held mysteries to be revealed:


Six mysteries, in fact! Obtaining the cakes was well worth the effort, for everyone looked very happy, and they later sent me an email:
Dear Jeffery Hodges +_+

Hello. This is GLEO.

We wanna say Thank you very much for your beautiful cake. We are so touched. Happy Summer!

See you soon^^

Best,

GLEO
I don't know what +_+ and ^^ mean, but I assume they don't mean "drunk" and "even drunker"! Whatever these hieroglyphic marks might depict, I'm looking forward to one relaxing month . . .

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

I suspect you really do know what these emoticons mean, but just in case:

+_+ starry-eyed awe or surprise

^ ^ eyes when smiling widely

Korean emoticons

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, Kevin. I really didn't know.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home