Thursday, February 18, 2016

What a dream I had . . .

Luna Lee
aka "Not-Lig"
Google Images

Rather often these days, my friend Kevin Kim, writing in his main blog, "Big Hominid," refers to a former student of his whom he has nicknamed "Ligament" for reasons that connect to something or other that I know nothing about, and he shortens this nickname to "Lig" and claims that Lig looks like Luna Lee of gayageum fame, but he can't prove this bold assertion, he says, because Lig won't let him post a photo, so I think Lig is either a vampire, a creature that cannot be photographed, or Kevin's imaginary friend, also a creature that cannot be photographed, but in Kevin's original words:
If you're curious about what Lig looks like, and frustrated because she won't let me upload any photos of her onto the blog, watch this chick, who is almost Lig's spitting image. I've linked to Luna before; the link I just gave you is to one of my favorite vids. She's got an album now, Luna does, and I'm thinking about buying it. She's talented and original, and because she looks like A Certain Lady, she's also quite sexy.
Presumably, we're supposed to believe this on Kevin's word alone. Well, I had a dream about Kevin and Lig, and I'll have to disagree - Lig and Luna don't look alike at all! I saw this with my own eyes! Granted, in a dream, but still . . . and I've at least provided more evidence than any of you have! Anyway, I posted my dream as a comment on Kevin's blog:
Last night, I dreamed that you and Lig were out on a late-night walk, and the night was so dark that you lost contact, and you somehow took the hand of the wrong woman, but the two of you had such a wonderful conversation that you fell in love with each other, sight unseen, till you emerged on a lighted street, still hand in hand, and there also stood Lig, so you dropped the woman's hand, and she walked away, but so did Lig, and you wondered then why you hadn't at least given the new woman your card, but the next day, the new woman showed up at your place, having somehow determined where you lived . . . and I then woke up.

I hope my dream doesn't cause you any problems with Lig.
Readers will notice that I didn't mention in this comment my disagreement on Lig's appearance. That's because I didn't want to hurt Kevin's feelings, so I've posted my refutation only here on my secret blog, where Kevin will never see it.

A Penultimate Note: I don't know Lig (Ligament) at all, so anything I've written in this post is only about the imaginary Lig of the sort who appeared in my absurd dream, which should not be taken seriously in any way, for sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar, a pipe is just a pipe, and a dream is just a pipe dream, a fantastic notion without substance.

And finally, here's the song you've all been waiting for since reading the heading to this post . . .

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

"'Ligament' for reasons that connect to something or other that I know nothing about"

Ha ha—a ligament pun.

I started off calling her "A Certain Lady." That became "ACL," which I realized was also the medical abbreviation for "anterior cruciate ligament"—hence "Ligament," and now "Lig."

All explained here in a footnote.

Thanks for this strange glimpse into the Lovecraftian abyss that is your mind.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks for noticing the pun!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

Editor's note: if I'm not mistaken, it's "Garfunkel" (Germanic), not "Garfunkle" (quasi-Latinate).

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks. Fixed it. All my life, I've never noticed that.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home