Sunday, January 03, 2016

Quito Finito? No, Quito Fino!

My wife sent me a few photos from Quito, Ecuador that seemed randomly arranged, so I've posted them below in an order of my own, beginning with this street scene:


Not a typical street scene, but enchanting in its own way. Next, a mysterious, rounded pyramid - if that's geometrically permissible, labeled so:


Followed by a statue standing guard:


And another statue, a bit corny, but more inviting:


And a lovely, if imminently foggy, valley - the penultimate photo . . . so far:


Now fireworks, the ultimate photo - until the next batch arrives!


Wish I were there . . .

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it would be wonderful if picture #4 was actually you in disguise. Imagine how happy Mrs. Comrade Hodges would be if you took off the mask and the "corny" statue was actually you: "Surprise!"

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I think she'd be more than surprised when I'd cry out, "Bow down before the negation of the negation!"

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you got a scene there for your next novella. Maybe even the climax?

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

Is negation of negation affirmation in this nation?

Nice photos! Color me envious.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Yeah, it does sound like that sort of scene.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

The dialectic progresses ever forward, Kevin, toward the ever-into-the-future-receding classless society!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home