Friday, September 11, 2015

Remembering 9/11 . . .

Sara Low

On September 13, 2006, I first blogged on Sara Low. Some readers may recall those words from back then:
On my 9/11 post, my brother Tim left this comment:
It's hard to believe it has been five years since 9/11. Thinking about Sara, a flight attendant I knew from Batesville, who died on Flight 11.
Astonished, I responded:
Tim, I had no idea that you knew someone who died in the 9/11 attacks.

I'm sorry to hear this. Was she a close friend?
To which, Tim said:
I know Sara's father well and knew Sara when she was in her teens and early 20s. She was an intelligent and beautiful person who deserved better than her tragic end.
Five years have passed, but only now have I learned that one of my own brothers knew someone not far from our hometown of Salem who was killed on September 11, 2001.

Sara died when she was only 28 and deserves a far better tribute than I can give, for I didn't know her, but I can at least add this post to her memory.
That's what I wrote back then, posting those words five years after 9/11. We the living are now heading into the tenth year since I first posted on this particular 9/11 tragedy. I think that this year's blogpost on the memory of Sara Low will be my last public memorial, though I'm sure that I will always think of her on 9/11 because of the personal link through my brother Tim.

Peace to all of good will . . .

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home